go home. about me.      

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Thrifted Finds - Vintage Mice Figurines


I found these little babies taped together for $0.99 at Goodwill and snatched them up like they were gold. I love vintage animal figurines! I could tell that they were in need of some TLC so I asked for a discount and got them both for $0.50. (Plus with my 20% discount, they were basically free.) Unfortunately, when I got them home and started to take off the tape they were in worse condition than I thought. The mouse on the right was missing his tail and the big guy was broken into 4 pieces.


Super glue surgery for big guy and some black acrylic paint on little guy's tail helped a bit.


How sweet do they look with my little fawn? The deer had some superglue surgery herself since her head broke off as I was unwrapping her. Poor little things. Hopefully I can find more creatures at yard sales this summer to make my own little zoo.


1 comment:

  1. I hate when they use that strong tape to tape stuff together and you almost(or sometimes do!) break it just by untaping it. Goodwill people, sheesh! Cute mice!

    ReplyDelete