go home. about me.      

Monday, June 24, 2013

Thrift Finds! Vintage couches, Pyrex, and lots of lamps.

The flea market is still my favorite place to be in the summer. (Okay, maybe after the ocean. But, treasure hunting is exciting and the ocean is relaxing so they're on totally different levels.) I've found some amazing things so far this season!

 This crazy 1960's couch was at the Goodwill. The ladies at the checkout were snickering when I gasped at how awesome it was. Everyone there hated it! After I posted this photo to Instagram I had multiple people asking where it was for sale. At least my Insta-friends have taste! This gem did not go home with me for multiple reasons. It was about $150 for both the couch and the lounge chair, it was super uncomfortable, and it wouldn't fit in the car. Not to mention my storage unit is about ready to explode vintage all over the place.


I found this piece of Pyrex at a junk store in South Carolina while I was visiting my grandparents. Since we flew down and our airline only allowed one carry-on item, it stayed down there with them. Next time someone drives to visit my grandparents they're bringing it back for me! I had never seen this pattern before. It's  called Brown Onion and this one had the original caddy. I think I payed $6 or $7 for it.


I spotted this cool drawer unit at the same junk store and snapped a photo for a DIY inspiration. I love that it looks like a tool chest! It was priced really high, but I think I could recreate this with some metallic contact paper or tin ceiling tiles from the hardware store.


These drinking glasses also stayed behind on our visit to South Carolina. I believe they were once sold as promotion jelly jars. I liked the pansy pattern and thought they would be a good addition to my vintage drinking glass collection. From what I've researched, they were made by Anchor Hocking. Although, now that they are in storage in South Carolina I can't confirm! I found them at a storage unit yard sale and payed $2 for all three. I've never come across anything like those sales before. People rent these units and just open up their doors and have little shops inside where they sell things every weekend.


These two lamps were my DIY project for last month. I got them each for under $5 at the Salvation Army. They don't look like much here, but I painted them both black and they turned out pretty cool. If only I had remembered the "after" photo...


This giant black and yellow patterned lamp was only $2 at the flea market and I couldn't say no. It is massive and the pattern is really interesting. Some of the black paint is chipping to reveal more yellow where it shouldn't be, but I actually think it adds a cool look to it. 


And, last but not least - the belt buckle. I got this for my brother at a yard sale for $1. We are not Honda fans in car form, but my brother is a fan of their motorcycles and has been on a belt buckle kick lately.

Have any of you been going to yard sales/thrift stores/flea markets lately? I'd love to see your finds!




No comments:

Post a Comment