What's in my bag posts are always some of my favorites. Maybe i'm nosey or maybe i just like to see that most girls are alike - we carry most of the same stuff and a few things that are completely out of the box. A woman's purse is almost like a diary in some ways. It's off limits. I hate to go into other peoples bags! I'm not even sure why, it just seems like i'm invading their privacy! Anyway, here is what you might find in my bag on any given day - or more specifically today.
1. - My day planner. My iphone is amazing, but i've never been able to get rid of this thing. I write everything in it - appointments, reminders, birthdays. It also holds my receipts, notes, and business cards. (Why do i have so many pens?)
2. - Silver clutch. This was a freebie my cousin was giving out at her salon a few years ago to customers who spent a certain amount of money on hair product. I snagged one and have been using it ever since to hold all of the things that get lost in the bottom of my bag.
3. - Headband. Since cutting my hair short, headbands or bobby pins are necessary for the days that i don't wash or blow dry.
4. - My inhaler. I've had asthma since i was really young. It's under control now and i really only feel like i need it when it's especially cold, hot, or i'm pushing myself too hard but i always like to have my inhaler handy.
5. - Hand sanitizer. This is a red apple scented one from Bath & Body Works. After sifting through wracks of gross smelly jeans or musty records at thrift stores, this is a must for me until i can get to a sink.
6. - Floss. I'm terrified of the dentist and avoid going at all costs so i try to keep up with my teeth. Even so, i still end up with cavities.
7. - Mini hair brush. Self explanatory. I have fine short hair that likes to tangle and look gross if the wind even considers blowing...and i drive a convertible.
8. - Keys to my '87 Volkswagen Cabriolet. Her name is Lady Goodman and she is one of the main loves of my life. Keychains include a purple Buddha man and Gigi from Kiki's Delivery Service. This ring also has keys to both of my jobs so even though i carpool during the week (and all winter for the most part), i always keep my keys with me.
9. - Red lip stain. This is the Revlon Just Bitten one. FYI - I started using a lot of Revlon when i started to use exclusively cruelty free products. There has since been some controversy over if they really don't test on animals. I need to do some research on that.
10. - Roll on perfume. I got this one on sale at Anthropologie in New York City. It's labeled "extract of poppy". I can't remember to put perfume on before i leave the house. Ever.
11. - Burt's Bee's lip balm. It's a must.
12. - Eye drops. For when i wear contacts and realize that i have a giant smudge on one after i leave the house.
13. - Notebook. I'm a list person and i write everything out. Mostly, this is for writing down all the vintage dish ware pieces i buy so that i remember what pieces i still need to complete sets. (I'm currently in need of large dinner plates in the Butterfly Gold pattern, but have 15 tea cup plates - do NOT buy more tea cup plates.) I also write down how much i pay for things while thrifting/antiquing so that i can figure out how much profit i make if i end up listing it on my Etsy.
14. - Wallet. Nothing special. I think this is an XOXO brand one with a snake print texture that i got on sale at Marshalls. It's got my credit cards, license, checkbook, and discount cards in it.
15. - Iphone. I love this thing...Instagram and Draw Something are my favorites right now.
16. - Sunscreen. This one is an SPF 30. Its actually made for babies but it doesn't test on animals, it was on clearance, it had a high enough SPF level for me, and shockingly it smells nice!